Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People here may not be aware another of my passions is music.Notably blues and you can throw Neil Young in there as well.
I've just got his new album Chrome Dreams 2.
Track 3 is an 18 minute dirge called Ordinary People.
In it he makes a reference to Lee Iacocca as for the ordinary people !
Neil has always been well read and it pleased me to hear his acknowlegement that Lee Iacocca was responsible for bringing the Mustang to the ordinary people.A sporty affordable car able to be optioned up to suit individual buyers.
The mustang was a business masterstroke.
Ron

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Cool...but kinda creepy considering I'm listening to his greatest hits CD as I type. ;)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ron, I dig the blues also. In fact I have Sirius radio with 100+ channels and only listen to the blues channel. Drives my wife nuts.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Let's hear it for the blues!
Joe Bonamassa rocks!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I just saw another Mustang reference, in a TV commercial for a new Denzel Washington/Russell Crowe movie called "American Gangster." It was, unfortunately, the image of a pristine GT350H getting blown up.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
A lot of people don't know that the original "Tangled up in Blue" song by Bob Dylan was about him and Neil Young going on a bender while driving Bob Dylan's blue Mustang convertible. Most people don’t know that this (below) is the original version of “Tangled up in Blue” that Bob Dylan wrote about that day in his 64 Blue Mustang convertible that he nick-named “Blue.” He didn't want Niel Young to get into trouble for drunk driving so he made up that story about rolling it down the hill that was published in a book about him. Here are the original lyrics that were just discovered in a secret vault.

Early one Sunday moannin’ me and Niel was drivin’ the Mustang to town
The air was warm and the tank was full and we wuz cruszin with the top down
All of the sudden I saw ahead that the road was gonna be gettin’ a little bit rough
Niel swerved to the right, then swerved to the left, but the road it wasn’t big enough
And there I was standing on the side of the road, rain fallin’ on my shoes
I looked over and their was Neil, Tangled up in Blue….

I threw the empties in a ditch by the road and knew that’s why we had went off course
I pried and tugged to get him out of the car but I used a little too much force
We drove that car as far as we could , abandoned it out west..
Split up on a dark sad night, both agreeing that it was best..
I turned around to look at the Stang as I was walkin’ away..
I whispered back over my shoulder We’ll meet again someday on the avenue..
Tangled up in Blue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts