Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the '69 4-speed cars have a neutral safety switch? Does anyone have a picture? My car was originally equipped with an FMX but now has a toploader with a hurst shifter. The PO spliced the wiring together to bypass the auto trans switch.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
That word "spliced" makes it sound bad. Fomoco put a "loop" in the wiring ("jumper") to make the electrical flow work. He just reconnected the loop.

·
Registered
12,311 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but the reason I wanted to install my pedals now is so I could tuck away the brake switch wiring and the neutral safety switch wiring. These cars did NOT have a switch mounted on the clutch pedal? So you could start a manual car in gear accidently?

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
JohnnyK said:
These cars did NOT have a switch mounted on the clutch pedal? So you could start a manual car in gear accidently?
Yup, sure could. Useful for when you run out of gas at the entrance to a gas station....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts