Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought another project. This one is a '70 fastback originally a 302 with a C4 trans. The 302 and C4 have been replaced by a 351w and an FMX. I am planning on keeping the 351w, but I think I will replace the FMX with a C4. My question pertains to the neutral safety switch and wiring going to the shifter. The car currently has a neutral safety switch inside the floor shifter housing which someone has cut all the wires off where they enter the housing. If I go with the C4, I know the neutral safety switch mounts on the side of the trans. No problem there, but I was wondering how I get power to the shifter indicator light. The shift indicator light thats on there now seems to be part of the fmx neutral safety switch. Someone hacked this all up before I got it and don't know exactly how it was supposed to be wired. Any info appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
734 Posts
From what I remember, the C4-C6 had the wiring coming from the dash. Check under your dash at center to see if you have 2-Prong plug dangling in there, it should be a Blue with Red Stripe Wire and Black or Red Plug. There is a Bulb Socket with Wiring Extension that is the Shifter Light. It plugs into the under-dash plug you hope is there. You will need to find a C4-C6 shifter light with wiring. The shifter has the plug-in housing for the bulb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts