Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never aruge with an idiot - they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The saga with vendors continues. Vendor 'A' supplied us with part 'A'. We found out that part 'A' won't fit unless you buy part 'B', which was 'oh yeah, you need that too'. O.K., overnight me part 'B'.

Part 'B' Arrives and it doesn't fit part 'A'. So, we call Mfg. 'A', who makes both parts 'A' and 'B'. Mfg. 'A' asks me when I got part 'B', to which I reply last Friday. Mfg. 'A' now informs me that vendor 'A' must have sold me old stock, and to send the old part 'B' back to him and they will exchange it. Very nicely done, no problem, except that I need this today and that is why I paid for overnight shipping.

Call Vendor 'A' and inform him (on his answering machine)that he sent the wrong part and could he send me the correct one overnight and I'll send this one back. Customer 'A' follows up with Vendor 'A' because he's hot that this has taken 6 separate shipments from a vendor who is suppose to know what he's talking about.

Vendor 'A' informs us that he didn't know about it and if I had been more diplomatic he would have called and had Mfg. 'A' send one. Oh, by the way - it's their problem. He'll be glad to keep our money and sell us the wrong stuff, however.

Another customer 'A' call to Mfg. 'A' - the Customer Service Rep 'A' has engineer 'A' standing next to her - it's not our fault - contact Vendor 'A'. Inform them that vendor 'A' says you didn't tell him about it. Response ' Your installer is incompetent'.

Finally get mfg. 'A' to send a new part. Find out Jobber pricing on part 'B' is $40 - retail from vendor 'A' is $120.

So what have we learned today kids? ::

1. I found an obvious flaw in two parts mfg. by Mfg. 'A'. Nobody is denying this.
2. Mfg. 'A' Fails to tell Vendor 'A'
3. It's my fault because I'm not very diplomatic
4. I found the flaw, therefore I'm incompetent

Never aruge with an idiot - they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Dave ::
P.S. - Vendor 'A' was having a tizzy because he was out on a construction site - his normal job apparently.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Is vendor "A" Summit racing? Cause if it is I know EXACTLY how you feel. 3 weeks later and I still don't have the right part! ::

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Sounds like another Flaming River purchase saga.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts