Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

My name is Chris and I recently purchased a 1966 convertible, 4 BBL 289. The car started life ivy green but was eventually painted nightmist blue and "converted" to a GT at some point. I've wanted a first generation convertible ever since I was about 12 years old and it may have taken me over 30 years but I finally got it!

I purchased the car from a gentleman in Tulsa and had it shipped to my house in Eugene, OR. Day 1 was a little rough because the entire braking system failed during my maiden voyage causing me to lightly rear-end a brand new Subaru! Needless to say, I have an completely new front braking system and added a dual reservoir master cylinder for safety.

I don't really have any auto repair or renovation experience but I look forward to learning from all of you and getting my hands dirty. My real plan is to spend plenty of garage time with my 12 year old son. Much better for him to spend time under the hood than on his phone.

Chris

Attachments

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,488 Posts
Chris, welcome to VMF. Nice looking 66 GT.

·
Registered
54 Posts
what a wonderful way to spend time with Jr
My kids are big teens and girls, so I'm on my own, looking forward to your progress
For your info, I've probably got more thumbs than you...

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Great car and great color ! Welcome to the VMF !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts