Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 25 years and a 40 hour round trip finaly got the Mustang home.I picked it up in Blue Springs,Mo_On Friday night...It was still sitting in the same spot in the basement as when I saw it in 1977.The car had quite a bit of mold on it,inside and out,but it came off with a wet cloth.The interior is absolutly perfect and the paint with the exception of a 2 inch scratch and 3 stone chips(all I have found so far)is to.The suspinsion and under body are dusty and will requier considerable cleaning though.
A Mustang club of America 64 1/2-65 Gold card judge came and looked it over today.He was amazed...the only faults he could find with it were,the exhaust has been changed(in 1971),the rear shocks arn't ford,and the radiator cap had been changed.He said that it would hold it's own with the best unrestored Mustangs that he had seen and had the best paint of any of them.He also said that they would have to change the Judges book because of some of the things he had seen on the car, and pointed out a few things he would have to change on his Concorse 65 conv.
The car was special orded on 4/26/65 and build date is 5/13/65.The base care is a 65 conv with Honey gold paint.the options are,289 4v,C4,accent group,power top(white),Limmited slip diff,backup lights,Interior decor group(lite Ivy gold/white),Front disk brakes/Power stering,fordair conditioning,AM radio,tinted glass,seat belt DELETE,visability group w/matching miror,heavey duty battery,rally pack,unique console and 695 x 14 wsw tires.Eveything is still there including all 5 tires.
Did I mention? The ORIGINAL milage is 10,774 miles!!!!I'll be smilling till I die.
Dose anyone have space to store pic's of this car so others can see it?
Data plate info-Body 76B,Color C,Trim 68,Date 13S,DSO 53,Axle A,Trans 6.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I guess this means you won't be dropping in a stroker, flowmasters, lowering it, and slapping some fat rubber on it, eh? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Congrats on the "new" car. It sounds pretty awesome!

G

·
0 Posts
i think it would be cool with a giant honda wing on it !!!! and maybe some of those giant tips on the exhaust, too! *G*

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Wow!! What a find!!! Mine was used for pushing cattle around ranches here in WYO and for fence post removal, as well as a crew bus for a bunch of drunks. I think the only thing original on mine was the radiator cap! Congrats.

As for your pics, try logging on to www.clubphoto.com. After you register, you can set up a photo album and place your pic there for 90 days. (when the time expires, you have to do it over again.) Then create a link in your user profile that pulls the pic from the website to your signature. You can also place a link in your sig. line to view other pics in your album on clubphoto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts