Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is definitely the dumbest post this week, but heck, I'm going to plead youth and ignorance.

There are two problems now that I have Flick running in the NM summer heat.

1) What is the 'off' position for the vent system? Up, down, middle, which slider, etc? No AC, new heater core and the blower works fine but the air from the engine is blowing right past my feet and up to my ears. Yuck. Is it broken, God forbid, or do I need instructions for the chronologically impaired?

2) The other thing I ain't never seen nothin' like is the parking brake handle. Is it engaged when out? or in?

3) Oh yeah, what is that other pedal on the floor, sheet metal, body colored, doesn't seem to do much?

In case you were worried, Flick has a date tomorrow AM with the guy who has worked on my 93 Ranger for 5 yrs. (I do my own maintenence, Jim does brakes, alignment, suspension and anything else that needs 4 wheels lifted.) At least a brake inspection, though the pulling to the right when applied makes me think she may need some work. There's fluid in the master cylinder but that's as far as my knowledge takes me.

TIA for any help on the hot air blowing question, or the parking brake instructions...or the directions to where to buy/copy/steal/read the owner's manual...

Sara
68 coupe, 289, needs a paint color to complement her aqua/black interior /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
539 Posts
1. I think up is the off position.
2. Engaged when out.
3. I don't know what you mean by "pedal on the floor".

The owners manual can be bought from many parts suppliers. Such as National Parts Depot.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
The "off" position is up for all levers. Check underneath the driver's dash, however, as your vent probably is open. That would let a lot of hot air in on your legs and feet. Look for a control that would be by your left knee that has a round knob on it. Push it in to close the vent.

The parking brake is engaged when it is pulled forward.

If the other pedal is on the left side over by the dimmer switch, then it's the washer control for the windshield wipers. Step on it and the spray comes up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks y'all!

The wiper fluid sprayer is an elegant little doodad that it would have taken me about 5 years to figure out...I had thought that the previous owner miswired something!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I had the same problem when I bought Clunker! Heheh...

Yes, close the vents on both the driver and passenger side. Laurie explained how to turn off the driver side. Now get in on the passenger side of the car, and look past the kick panel. You'll see a box looking thing with a handle on it. If the door is closed, good. If not, close it by all means! I learned the hard way about those things.

As far as the heater/air controls themselves, I concur with everyone. Push all 3 levers all the way UP, and move the slider to its firstmost position.

About the windshield washer - I hate the lack of an intermittent wiper system in the classic Stang, so I disconnected the washer pump and I use the pedal as an intermittent windshield wiper. It works out well!

Congrats on your new pony, you'll enjoy it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts