Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to secure the battery to the battery tray, but I had the wrong type of battery. Plus, I was missing some of the hardware. Enter new parts!!

VIDEO ABOUT THE INSTALL

Why does it end up costing me more money every time I go to do something simple on my car?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Yep, good upgrade, better than stock :) say, while you're at it, did you order that missing battery post to fender shield for the apron? A late model positive battery terminal cover isn't a bad safety upgrade either. The danger comes if you get in a wreck and maybe the battery + post gets jammed into the car body....not cool...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, good upgrade, better than stock :) say, while you're at it, did you order that missing battery post to fender shield for the apron? A late model positive battery terminal cover isn't a bad safety upgrade either. The danger comes if you get in a wreck and maybe the battery + post gets jammed into the car body....not cool...
I did not, but I'm very interested. :)
Is there one that is designed for our cars or are you thinking of a generic cover?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I aways thought those battery terminal covers were just there to annoy me.

Reactions: geicoman58

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
The apron shield is factory, 4 corner holes with plastic push pin kit from NPD is 3.00, item 10760-1a, ....then there is shipping..the terminal cover, not so sure if napa or someone carries something or scrounge one from a salvage yard.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Actually, I just noticed in the NPD picture of an oem positive battery cable Ford had one on there! They didn't do things that cost money unless there was a good reason! So drop another 60 and get a nice new set of original looking cables...your cables look like maybe its time anyway o_O...soon you might get up to 300 and get free shipping, lol

·
Registered
1970 Sportroof Mustang Grabber Value Package
271 Posts
This is something I have had issues with also. Mine did not come with a battery tie down so I purchased several different kits and none worked. seams the place where my tie down hooks has small loops of 1/16" round bar with about 3/16" opening not squared slots like most I have seen. I am not sure if this is some aftermarket replacement battery tray or what the deal is, frustrating.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel your pain. Grabbing the factory battery tray and holder might be the best bet in that you'll know it fits. However, if you have a different battery (in terms of physical size) like I did, it may not fit the factory tray.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,844 Posts
I added the 67 tray and tie-down to my car too. It's scary though just how close the positive cable is to the inner fender though. I have the rubber piece but still it's sketchy.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that rubber piece a Ford part, or something you made work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts