Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can’t wait for the new rear end to show up to install this! Install thread to follow!

·
Registered
1968 mustang coupe
94 Posts
looks clean! what model is that?

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
What is that caliper in the upper left in the photo? Did Wilwood include the brackets?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WIL-140-15843-D

The caliper in the upper left is the electronic parking brake that the module below it controls. It does have all the brackets and hardware to complete. This particular kit is nice because I can clock either caliper where I want 360 degree.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Wilwood does build some nice equipment....... looking good there Master Chief!

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

Reactions: sr1032

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
WIL-140-15843-D

The caliper in the upper left is the electronic parking brake that the module below it controls. It does have all the brackets and hardware to complete. This particular kit is nice because I can clock either caliper where I want 360 degree.
Kinda figured that's what it was. I used their old mechanical parking brake caliper on my FFR Cobra. It worked, after some trial and error on the equalizer ratio and linkage.

Reactions: sr1032

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally I had purchase a setup for my Ford 8 inch but the housing was tweaked over the years and it wouldn’t line up. I had the e stopp ready to go as well. Once I saw this it was all the more reason to replace the 8 with a 9, return all the cables and e stopp and give this a go, I can’t wait! Of course the corona is slowing my progress, lol!

Reactions: j persons

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Originally I had purchase a setup for my Ford 8 inch but the housing was tweaked over the years and it wouldn’t line up. I had the e stopp ready to go as well. Once I saw this it was all the more reason to replace the 8 with a 9, return all the cables and e stopp and give this a go, I can’t wait! Of course the corona is slowing my progress, lol!
Curious, is the electronic parking brake feature unique to this kit or does Wilwood have it available for all their products. I was planning on doing the ebrake, but I am wondering if I can retrofit my rear calipers. It would be a cleaner install and save room underneath the car.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I just saw those electronic calipers the other day. Looks like a good setup, especially with brackets and controller.

Please post pics of install and how they work for you.

Thanks.

Rusty

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Curious, is the electronic parking brake feature unique to this kit or does Wilwood have it available for all their products. I was planning on doing the ebrake, but I am wondering if I can retrofit my rear calipers. It would be a cleaner install and save room underneath the car.

Thanks
They only have it setup for a new Ford style 9 inch but they do sell the caliper separate so I'm sure you could adapt brackets if you had the equipment and time to do so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts