Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just got back from vacation, picked up my relined front shoes from CarboTech (the VelvaTouch fractured on one shoe...#$&^%#$%), they look really nice, lots of brass particles in the lining, bonded & riveted very similiar to the velva touch, even arced to the diameter of the drum. Even have the same break-in procedure (get em hot, cool em down, let it sit, re-adjust em)! All done and in my hands in 7 days (and $140 including shipping)! The linings are called SilverStreak 914 and are suppose to have actually more braking friction than the VelvaTouch, I sure hope they do. I put a set of semi-metallics on the front as a interium measure when the velvatouch shoe fractured, yes the car still stops but it is interesting at 100 mph to hit the brakes and feel those VelvaTouch on the rears overbrake the fronts......good thing I used to race years ago & I'm still not over 50 so my reflexes are still pretty good for an "Old Man" (Ha). Any way, when I get em on, I'll let you guys know how they are.

What I can say is a put a complete set of this guys linings on my wifes 97 cougar V8 (4 wheel disc), man what a difference! Brake fade completely gone, pedal very firm/solid, stops straight as a dime at 100 mph with very little steering effort and less dust than the OEM pads (which were actually pretty good).

I have to say also, this guys customer service is outstanding.....he calls when he gets em, calls to review all the performance/machining specs and tells you exactly when they will be shipped (2 orders in a row, incredible). My testosterone is starting to pump now just thinking about all those little BMW's id just love to get on a road course now..........Dream, dream, dream!

Member: Flatheads ain't so bad association
Never trust an over 40 Chevy owner association (They have to cheat to win)

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Okay, I'm interested! How do I get a hold of this guy if I want the pads for say, a '78 Futura (same as a '79-'86 Mustang)?

Thanks!

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, for the disc, I used his "Street Fighter" linings......& the e-mail is already posted!

Member: Flatheads ain't so bad association
Never trust an over 40 Chevy owner association (They have to cheat to win)
BTW, I ain't no newbee!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts