Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just bought a 1970 coupe last weekend and am in the process of giving her the once over. it just doesn't look right with these silly looking wheels so my question is what do i get? i like the mag 500's but what size. any suggestion on wheels or size is appreciated and im 18 and dwindling in the cash department so anything around and less than a grand is good.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Clark,
Yes, Magnums would look great and you need to get rid of those SILLY wheels. What is the size of those wheels?
I think any size from 15" and up would look great on your ride.
Keep us updated and post how they look when you decide on the size.

Cav

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
A set of 15" magnum 500's with some 225 60 15 bf goodrich should run around your budget. What size tires are on those wheels? If you can use those tires, some nice torque thrusts might look good too.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
To me any 69 or 70 mustang looks good with bigger wheel but thats just me. Magnum wheels looks good so would some cragers but since your on a budget try ebay. You can find some good deals on there. Good luck and welcome to vmf/ 70 shag

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys thanks for the input im thinking of going 15/7 on the front wrapped in 225/60/15 and 15/8 in the rear wrapped in 245/60/15 (bfg radials) they only run 1083 dollars with no tax and free shipping from cjponyparts.com

·
Registered
921 Posts
What is the size of those wheels?
Those are 16x7 wheels from 99-02(ish) V6 stangs.

IMHO they are probably some of the worst looking wheels Ford has made.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMHO they are probably some of the worst looking wheels Ford has made.[/QUOTE]

i know they are hideous hence the post on a wheel and tire forum, they are 15/7 and are 1999 to 2002 factory made for v6 and v8 stangs

its hard to believe that some sites are still charging over 100 a rim for these things

1 - 8 of 8 Posts