Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good day Sat. Took the car to a friends place to replace my oil pan that has been leaking since i got it, put it up on jacks stands first, good to see that the frame is good and strong, ( my 1st stang was a little scary jacking up, lots of flexing) removed cross member and necessary steering linkage, a breaker bar with a pipe and an air gun sure make things easy.Droped the old pan, found what i've been told is pieces of old valve seals in bottom of pan, oil pick up was full of such pieces, off to NPD for new pick up ($9.00) cleaned up bottom of gunk, slapped on new pick up, little sealer, gaskets,new pan. put back on cross member and steering linkage, and job was done.Job took about 7 hours, including partrunning, beer and bullshit stories time. On to next project.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Seen a few posts about the horrors of getting the crossmembers bolts out..yours just came right out with no trouble??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have read the same stories, 16" breaker bar with a pipe on the end did the trick no problem. I didn't even break a sweat my buddy would not give me the air gun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts