Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 66 coupe needs doors, I have seen one 66 with new door shells & it looked good, but it also had new fenders & 1/4's too.
I believe these are made by golden legion, has anyone else tried them?

Thanks,
Don

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
I'm not sure who the manufacturer is, but I just saw some in my NPD catalog for $250, but it's tough to say how well they fit from a picture.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thank you very much sharkmouth.
As usual, the forums resident Master of Useless Information came to the rescue.
I searched multiple times and found 1 post with good info despite the fact sharkmouth replied to the post.
But then again you reply to every post, don't you sharkmouth?

Thanks again,
Don

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
ok - i have used the golden legion door (from NPD) on a car with orig. quarters and an orig. fender and the fit was excellent.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I would be very interested in any review or recommendations of new 65/66 door shells. I'm contemplating the idea of just doing both doors at the same time to avoid problems later.

I see that Ponderosa Mustang has them. Which company did you order from?

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I would be very interested in any review or recommendations of new 65/66 door shells. I'm contemplating the idea of just doing both doors at the same time to avoid problems later.

I see that Ponderosa Mustang has them. Which company did you order from?
I think Ponderosa sells the Golden Legion brand also .

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I searched multiple times and found 1 post with good info despite the fact sharkmouth replied to the post.

Thanks again,
Don

Oh gosh, you sure are welcome.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

Thanks again,
Don
http://www.66bluecoupe.com/vmf/armed/flamethrower.gif http://www.66bluecoupe.com/vmf/armed/plasmawhore.gif

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
ok - i have used the golden legion door (from NPD) on a car with orig. quarters and an orig. fender and the fit was excellent.

Okay, some questions for the group:

1)Can anyone confirm whether there is more than one manufacturer of door shells, or any body parts for that matter??????

2)Assuming question 1 is a yes, why can't vendors tell us who manufactured their parts?

3)Because vendors don't follow the second question, how do we know that if we order a door shell from NPD (or anyone else) that the one we get won't be different from one that someone on this group received a month ago?

Sorry for the rant, but this has driven me nucking futz for years. The only parts that are identified specifically are the "Original Tooling" ones, and they are the only current production parts I will buy because I won't buy anything if I don't know who made it.

John

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Am with you John, I'm hesitant to buy sheetmetal if I don't know who made it. The Paddock does state manufacturer in their catalog.

Joe

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
1)Can anyone confirm whether there is more than one manufacturer of door shells, or any body parts for that matter??????
well - since there were crappy doors before, i am sure theres still a few out there. the ones to look for are golden legion and say 'new tooling' on the box

2)Assuming question 1 is a yes, why can't vendors tell us who manufactured their parts?
i know the guy i talk with at NPD can tell me - and if i can head into the store - inspect the items. IMHO, if the guy at the counter or on the phone cant take a minute to look at a box and answer a question, how will s/he treat you when you have a problem??
3)Because vendors don't follow the second question, how do we know that if we order a door shell from NPD (or anyone else) that the one we get won't be different from one that someone on this group received a month ago?
ask about their return policy :)

Sorry for the rant, but this has driven me nucking futz for years. The only parts that are identified specifically are the "Original Tooling" ones, and they are the only current production parts I will buy because I won't buy anything if I don't know who made it.

John
an all too common rant, and why i like places like this to get opinions.

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
There are at least three repro door vendors. If I ask NPD on the phone who makes the parts, they almost always are able to do so. So why don't they put that info in the catalog? Well, individual parts may not be available from that vendor, as the vendor goes out of business (e.g. Golden Legion), or a better vendor comes along (e.g. dynacorn). You can usually go by the pricing to determine the quality of the part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts