Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and it's QUIET!!!

I guess I was right about the old fan having bad bearings from the get-go.

Now I have to call the guy that put it in for me and see about getting a refund. Unlikely, given that it took multiple months to finally fail, but it's worth a try.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a SPAL 16" puller. I got it from Mac's Radiator, part #32161-SHF. It is the same model as the one it replaced.

There are cheaper sources out there, but they were not open when I placed the order. First one to take my call got the order. The price difference was only $15.00 anyway.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Keep us posted as to how well it cools with the new fan.I've been looking for an alternative to the clutch fan but hear a lot of conflicting feedback(usually negative)about the electric fans...

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the same brand/size/type of fan I was running. It cooled very well until it finally gave up the ghost.

I plan to drive the car for the remainder of the week, so hopefully will have some news to share later.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Kent, how many CFM's does that fan pull? What's the amp draw? What's the cost?

And lastly ... when it's over 100 degrees outside and you're at a stop light in traffic ... does it still keep the engine cool?

I've had NOTHING but problems with my new engine on days when it's over 95, which as you know is like half the year in Sacramento. As long as I'm moving I'm fine, or as long as the temps are below 95. But the rest of the time, my engine's a real bear to keep cool.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

how many CFM's does that fan pull?

<hr></blockquote>2360

What's the amp draw?

<hr></blockquote>21.6

What's the cost?

<hr></blockquote>I paid 150.00 for it, but have seen them as low as 110.00

when it's over 100 degrees outside and you're at a stop light in traffic ... does it still keep the engine cool?

<hr></blockquote>yes, but not as cool as when the temp is in the 80s. At idle in traffic on the way up to HAN on Friday (hottest day of the year in northern CA) I was seeing between 190 and 200. The hottest it got on the run up there was 215, which was going up the mountain. This may be due to tuning too tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts