Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am restoring my 67 fastback and need new front fenders. Have any of you purchased repro fenders and tried to install them lately ? . Can anyone recommend a supplier for quality fenders or does such a company not exist? I am hearing the repro fenders are trash. Is this true? Anyone have any good luck with a particular supplier ?

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Ford tooling fenders fit great, a little pricey but I think they are worth it. Matt at Ponderosa Mustang has them, this is where the one for Nicks (Dodgestang) 65 came from.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you don't have the money for the ford tooling, I know the Mustang Corral uses repo metal on their cars and they claim to have good luck. You could call them. They have a web site with their numer. Edwardsville Illinois. If I were you, I would purchase repo metal from Year One. They have a great return policy and are picky about their metal.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I bought a 69 drivers fender from NPD. I was not satisfied with the fit. I ended up cutting the headlight bucket out of my 69 and piecing it together with a 70 fender to get one that fit.

Brian

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I bought a pair of the aftermarket '67 fenders. The first thing I did was check the fit of the headlight buckets... not too good. I drilled out some of the spot welds, re arched the sides, and welded them back together. I probably spent an hour per fender taking care of that. One fender is about a 1/4" longer than the other. It looks like the factory bent the front lip in the wrong spot. The next issue door gap at the very top of the fender, the shape was much different than the door, so I welded in some 1/8 rod and ground the shape to look more like originals... Lastly the body man that I had look at them to quote me on a paint job commented on the amount of ripples in them... I didn't notice them until he brought them to my attention. They aren't major, and I suspect they will block out just fine. I paid $275 for the pair delivered to my home, and have about 2 or 3 hours invested in them, so I'm not complaining. I can take some pictures if interested...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I purchased them on from CJ Pony parts... but it was through one of their eBay Auctions about 18 months ago. I think the deal was something like $209 plus shipping. I doubt that they still run this package price though... Check with North Coast Mustang, they are running some year end deals..

Regarding NPD sheetmetal, Everything I've gotten from them was excellent...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts