Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I really wish I could afford one of these kits to build...2400lb curb weight...and drivetrain options galore.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Looks like fun. (without the big silly wing) Not so sure about paying up for a v12 ls motor. I suspect the v8 would be more than enough. A FF project would be fun. All new, or newish, parts rather than old rusty grimy stuff.

·
Registered
564 Posts
That’s pretty rad. While I like the styling, I wish it didn’t look so much like a C7 Vette.
Very true. With the C8 out soon. Might be better just to find a C7 at a good price. Heavier but likely more comfortable, better fit and finish, and can drop it off if it breaks. Might be cheaper all said and done too.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
An LX V12? Didn't know the made such a thing. I know that Ryan Falconer builds a V12 based on the SBC but those are expensive. I think a BMW V12 would be better suited for something like this.

·
Registered
564 Posts
An LX V12? Didn't know the made such a thing. I know that Ryan Falconer builds a V12 based on the SBC but those are expensive. I think a BMW V12 would be better suited for something like this.
I think it was an Australian company that was first mashing together 2 LS motors to to make a V12. Yes expensive. Maybe someone else doing it now also. Might say in the article. I just skimmed through it.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The beauty of kit cars though is that its generally a lot easier to use whatever drivertrain you want. I certainly wouldn't use a LS v12 myself though...I think a Voodoo 5.2L with its flat plane crank would be more suitable to that car(dont think you can get a more exotic domestic engine than that).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts