Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm a little confused here. Last night I tried to register in the new forum, I was told the user name 66cbh was taken. So I tried an alternate name. That was taken too. I did this in IE. I shut down after that figuring I would try again tomorrow. Today I come in to work and open Netscape and try again - I am already logged on as 66cbh. ?! I never got an e-mail, and I don't know the password. Did I miss something here? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
You have to logout. If you just shut down, you are automatically logged in when you open VMF forums.

Door handle first when cornering

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is where I am confused. I never logged in to the new forum. I was on the old forum, but never made it to the new one. When I check my profile in the new forum, the number of characters is not what I would normally use for a password, so if I log out, I may never be able to log in. I tried to change the password, but that didn't work either.
Chris

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
The message you get when you successfully register a name is very confusing. It leads you to believe that the name has been reserved by someone else. In fact, it is telling you that YOU reserved the name. Can't account for the lack of an email unless... As mentioned by another poster, if you signed up on the classifieds a while back, you are already set up, since the 2 parts of the site now share the same logons (again).

Glenn Morgan 66 GT Fastback 351w+toploader

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I am not sure what happened. I really can't remember if I registered for the classifieds, but I was able to change my password and log back in. So I'll leave well enough alone and just chalk one up to Alzheimer's.
Thanks for your help.
Chris
By the way, I like the new format. I don't post often (I truly am a newbie at the classic car game), but I do read a lot of the content and the new format makes it easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts