Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Mustang
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! My name's Jack, and I always wanted a 1967-1968 mustang. I finally scored one last summer! I traded a 1996 Bronco 351 to a co-worker straight across for it. He already had several old cars, such as a Camaro and a Cougar, and he wasn't too interested in keeping the mustang. His son tried to get it running years ago, but after the failed attempts, it was left to rot in his back yard.

So, here's a little about the car. It's a 1968 Mustang Coupe. It has a clean title. The original color was blue, but someone painted over it with a rusty red color. The car has quite a bit of rust and holes, but it's original and complete, except for the front bumper. I'm not worried about that, since I'm fully capable of fixing and replacing anything that's bad.

I did manage to get the car running, and I'm currently working on getting it ready for it's first drive around the block. After that, the next goal will be to start working on the appearance. I've got six years left in the Army, so this is a retirement project. The goal is to convert it to a fastback using parts from Dynacorn and paint it black on black.

The Car

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Awesome story and welcome to the club! Thanks for your service! Looking forward to the pictures.

Reactions: Fordy

·
Registered
65 Fastback 289 4 spd, 65 convertible 5.0L 5 spd. 3.73 8.8
264 Posts
Hey guys! My name's Jack, and I always wanted a 1967-1968 mustang. I finally scored one last summer! I traded a 1996 Bronco 351 to a co-worker straight across for it. He already had several old cars, such as a Camaro and a Cougar, and he wasn't too interested in keeping the mustang. His son tried to get it running years ago, but after the failed attempts, it was left to rot in his back yard.

So, here's a little about the car. It's a 1968 Mustang Coupe. It has a clean title. The original color was blue, but someone painted over it with a rusty red color. The car has quite a bit of rust and holes, but it's original and complete, except for the front bumper. I'm not worried about that, since I'm fully capable of fixing and replacing anything that's bad.

I did manage to get the car running, and I'm currently working on getting it ready for it's first drive around the block. After that, the next goal will be to start working on the appearance. I've got six years left in the Army, so this is a retirement project. The goal is to convert it to a fastback using parts from Dynacorn and paint it black on black.

I'll post pictures and video of it running in another thread and update this one with the link.

Thanks for reading!
Nice, I was down to Bentonville back in Jan. and when to Eureka Springs and they apparently have a big mustang show every yr. Good luck with project

·
Registered
1968 Mustang
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, I was down to Bentonville back in Jan. and when to Eureka Springs and they apparently have a big mustang show every yr. Good luck with project
Before all this Coronavirus stuff, this area has always had car shows and meets. Cars and coffee was getting really big as well.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,516 Posts
Jack, welcome to VMF.

Reactions: Fordy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts