Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My names Tony from pickens South Carolina. I am the proud owner of a 64.5 coupe d-code. I acquired it a few months back. It was restored about 10 years ago but unhappy with the paint on it I have it disassembled at the moment redoing it. I have owned many Mustangs over the years but this is my first classic. But anyway I'm happy to be here.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,395 Posts
Well it looks good in the picture. What don'[t you like, the color or the workmanship?
And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it looks good in the picture. What don'[t you like, the color or the workmanship?
And welcome to the forum!
The color is good. Its candy and they painted it disassembled if that tells you anything. The doors to quarters and fenders are different shades. It's like that across the whole car. It also had some rust I had to repair because they just covered it up. I got a good deal on it tho so it's not too big of a deal. It does look great in pictures tho. Thanks.

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
4,340 Posts
My names Tony from pickens South Carolina. I am the proud owner of a 64.5 coupe d-code. I acquired it a few months back. It was restored about 10 years ago but unhappy with the paint on it I have it disassembled at the moment redoing it. I have owned many Mustangs over the years but this is my first classic. But anyway I'm happy to be here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome. Will I see you at the Poniesinthesmokies.com event?

I may ride up for the weekend. My car probably won't be ready by then tho. I wish it would line up with my kids spring break so I could stay all week

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Welcome to the VMF, nice looking stang you've got. I'm familiar with Pickens, used to go to the Jockey lot when visiting family in Oconee.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome. I really like the color and didn't notice the difference in the doors/qtrs/fenders until you pointed it out.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I wish my paint looked as "bad" as that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the forums!

I wish my paint looked as "bad" as that.
Yeah like I said it's a beautiful color and was sprayed well other than the blending between panels. It had some rust in the bottom of the doors and a little around the wheels I had to address so it ended up as a complete do-over. But overall well worth it for what it was and what I paid for it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome. I really like the color and didn't notice the difference in the doors/qtrs/fenders until you pointed it out.
Yeah what really sucks is it's all house of kolor candy too, but Im fixing that problem. Kinda hurt my feelings sanding it off. 20191111_162959.jpg

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,484 Posts
Tony, welcome to VMF.

Reactions: Superstroke17
1 - 20 of 20 Posts