Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread on the wiring harness raise my question of "what about my ammeter since AAW does not support nor recommend the use of an one" I sent an e-mail to American Autowire and they suggested I check with Classic Instruments for gauge upgrades using a volt meter instead. After a couple of e-mails I got a photo of a new gauge cluster package being offered exclusvely through NPD. Cool part is you can get the tach built into the speedometer. WooHoo! No aftermarket tach mounted up in a Shelby pod or halfway covering the existing gauge cluster! Oh, going to run the ididit column so a rally pack won't fit. But if I did want the Shelby gauge pod for a bigger tach, Classic Instruments makes matching tachs too.
Since NPD still has the 2010 catalog on line, it is not shown yet. But the '67-'68 is listed in the 2010 catalog. Pricing is not for the faint of heart!

It comes in white face or black face (Velocity only it looks like), with tach or without, and in their G-Stock, Hot Rod or Velocity gauge faces. Since I asked only about woodgrain this is the photo I got. I would assume they will offer camera case too.
With all the newer items coming out for '66 Mustangs lately, I'm glad I have put this project off for a while.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Looks good. I always wondered why Ford put an ammeter in the dash if it never worked. A volt meter is a better guage to see how well the electrical system is doing anyhow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts