Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WooHoo!! My new gears for my 8" chunk arrived from MU last week. Time to chuck the 2.79's for some 3.4's. Been wanting to do that since I did the T5 swap two years ago. Got the DVD & book on the Ford 8" and will give it a whirl.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Let me know how those 3.40's work for you. What rear tire size are you running? 3.40 TL's are on my list of things to do also. Steve

·
Registered
969 Posts
That is exactly the ratio I have in my tractionlock. I have a built small block, and a '93 T5 with a 3.35 1st and .68 5th. I'm very happy with the combo. You'll have to let us know how you like it. My car, by the way, is a rescued, formerly dead '65 vert. When I bought the pieces, it came with a dead I6 and cracked automatic. I did a full up V8 conversion. Fun car!! Hope you enjoy your project.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm having some Motive 3.40 gears installed as I post.I bought them through Speedway Motors. I have a 2.95 first in my T-5 and a 26" tire. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they work on these long open roads here in Oklahoma.

Marty.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My rear Dunlops are 26" tall.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking forward to install as I haven't done anything major on the car for about a year now. Last big project was a complete a/c rebuild. New heater core, evap, expansion valve, vaccum canisters....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts