Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty little thing aint it? Got to wonder why I am taking apart a good running car though :loco:

Need to work out a plan for the tank, probably going to sump a new tank, and I think I am going to do a 3G alternator upgrade at the same time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Now that should be a blast!
I'll be interested to follow your progress, I've got a 390 that will be receiving a similar build next year.
I saw a very nice sump kit from Aeromotive that could work very nicely for your application.
What are your plans for tuning the ECU? Get a chip burned? or try a DIY tuner?
BTW: beautiful car! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

The computer is already setup for the application, but I plan to get a Tweecer or equiv if the dyno shows any goofy behavior.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Have you checked for hood clearance? When I talked to Mass-Flo last year they said the Victor intake wouldn't clear my 68's hood, or does the 69 - 70 body have more clearance?
David.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I haven't physically checked,but I have an ace in the hole, a big Boss 429 scoop on my car :)

I don't know if the 69/70 has more room, but the Victor "should" fit on a 70 without a scoop, assuming a drop base.

Here is why, the carb pad is approx 5.5 inches above the block on an RPM. The Victor is 6.5

However, I ran a 1 inch spacer on my RPM with the stock hood and a carb with a drop base air cleaner, it was tight but it fit.

The EFI doesn't need the spacer, so the intakes should be a wash AND the throttle body is an inch shorter than a Holley carb

So, sorry I don't know the room on a 67/68 but on a 70 I'd say it fits, and in my case, I can even run a 4 inch air cleaner on top now, due to the scoop.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I've heard very good things about the Mass-flo kit. From your pic, looks like they are now shipping MSD dizzy's instead of Mallory.

Good luck with install, as advertised, should be relatively headache free.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great. Your measurments sound very close to what I was thinking, being that the difference in intake height should be made up with in the lower throttle body height. I am "impatiently" waiting for you to install this and report back on fitment, as well as how it actually performs.
David.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts