Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

New guy here. My two younger brothers both had 1966 Mustangs in the '80s. One was rangoon red with a black vinyl top and the other was capsian blue with a white vinyl top. Neither brother has the car any longer. Silly question....I am building 1/16 scale models of these cars using AMT model kits of a 1965 Mustang. I am currently building the engines (289). Can anyone tell me what the correct colors from the factory were (for the 1965 289 engine) for these engine components: block, tranny, valve covers, air cleaner, oil pan, intake manifold and starter motor? Thanks for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses guys and thanks for the link Huntingky, very good resource! I'll post pics of the Mustangs when I'm done, which won't be for a few months! In the meantime I'll try to post some pics of a 1966 Galaxie 500 that I built a few years ago when I got back into the model car hobby after being away from it for almost 45 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys. Thanks for your responses so far. I've finished building the engines for the model car kits ('65 Coupe). I know there are some details that are not correct but I'm just trying to make do with the parts that came with the kits. Those spark plug wires look more like hoses don't they?! Now I'm building the interiors of the kits. I have a couple questions: should the four vertical lines on the seat backs be 'chrome' or should they be the same color as the seat backs? Or something else? Also what should the color of the center console be? From some pics I've seen in the Gallery section I see that the very center section looks like it should be silver/chrome but what color on either side of the silver center section?? I've seen black and also wood grain in some of the pics I've seen. (See the unpainted center console of the model kit below.) Please send pics of what the console should look like if you don't mind. Thanks in advance!
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Post some pics when you are done.

We like to see pictures of work done, no matter if it is miniatures or full size.
I've finally finished the 1/16 scale model kits of the '65 Mustangs that I built for my two brothers. Here are some pics. Hope you like!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Very cool! I built a couple when I was in my teens and now I have a box or two like my car that are still sealed . Nicely done !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts