Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a few times so I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Darrell and I'm currently restoring a 73 Coupe. I got it cheap as a car for my son to drive in high school, and we we're going to do a quick repaint and tune up and go. But as often happens, it turned into a full blown project. It was a Grande, but I've decided to restore it as a Sports Coupe, which was a somewhat rare model made in 71-73 that was a coupe with a Mach 1 look (NACA hood, hockey stripes, etc). I'm also switching to a 71 front end to get rid of that massive bumper. Damn thing almost broke my back getting it off.

It has a 351 Cleveland and FMX, but I'm thinking of switching to a 5-speed, if I can afford it.

I also have two Mopars to restore, a 383/4 speed 64 Plymouth Belvedere and a 68 Dodge Coronet R/T with matching numbers 440/727 combo. Don't know if any of you guys like Mopars, but I'm really a "Muscle Car" guy, rather than a Ford/Chevy/Mopar guy.

Anyway, here's some pics cause I know everybody like those.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Looks like you are doing a nice job on it. Do you still plan on doing it for your son or yourself now?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve. It's going to be a fun weekend car that we'll probably both use, but we bought him another car for daily driver use.

·
Registered
174 Posts
OMG looks like work.. but very fun.. and time consuming but will be worth it when ya get her done.. that's for sure.. nice car..

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Welcome to VMF, keep up the good work on that Coupe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts