Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone just found VMF a few days ago and have been asking questions in the main forum but I figure I should post and say hi here since I am in the NW. Spokane to be exact.

So hi :)

I guess I should post about the car I have to. Its a 68 GT/CS I have had it for 6 years and just got it to spokane to start working on it. I bought it before I joined the Army and have not been able to touch it until now.

It needs some work but it will get there. Anyone know any decently priced paint/body people in Spokane?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Welcome to the VMF! I have a brother and sister-in-law based in Ft. Lewis there in Washington when they're not deployed.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Welcome to the PNW Mustang group, GT/CS's our neat cars. Had a few of them. Currently have a fake convertible one. Might talk with Andy up there about paint. He may know someone. 924-9824 He is in Green Acres. Restores mustangs.

Troy

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Andy always rubbed me the wrong way...

K&M Unibody is FANTASTIC.

Northwest Sandblasting & Paint is who i'm looking at for glass blasting and priming my car.

Master Blasters is a very reputable blasting shop but they do no paint work and are a bit on the spendy side.

Welcome. There aren't too many of us from Spokane.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I did find a local guy to do the paint and body. Hope he does a good job!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stopped by Andy's it seemed ok I asked about doing an AOD conversion and he quoted me 2400ish for one does that seem fair?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also I was looking at doing a 5 speed conversion via a kit. Does anyone know of someone skilled enough to do the work for me for a decent price?

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I did the TKO 600 conversion kit on mine.....auto to 5 speed....made a different car out of it! Best mod I've done.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats what i hope happens I just need to find someone skilled enough to do the conversion because I am not :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went to Andys the other day and asked about them doing a C4 to T-5 conversion and they said they could do it with their parts and their rebuilt trans for $2400.00. That sound about right?

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
All depends on how many of that parts they are using are NEW, and if it's a hydraulic conversion of not, but I'd figure $800-$1000 of that is labor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts