Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have been on the forums for a few months now and just thought I would introduce myself to some of the fellow Texans out there that have the same hobby. I am originally a fan of the 1969 RS Camaro, but since a 1966 mustang coupe was almost handed to me I have found a new passion. I hope to meet some of the Texans that understand, but what I really need right now is to find someone close to me ( north Dallas, I live in Sherman) that I can take measurements from. I have a wrecked 1966 coupe and I can see that the drivers side shock tower is not straight. I would appreciate any advice for my wrecked car, or someone letting me run a tape measure over their front end. Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome aboard! This forum is a great place to network and get answers.
I may be of marginal help in your search for measurements...my 65 convertible is completely stripped of its drivetrain and suspension. It would be sooo easy to jump in there and measure away! I also have all of the new pieces to go back on the car, so you could take them and test fit (see how far things are out of whack). I'm just down the road, let me know if I can help.
Out of whack...that's such a nice colloquiallism. And it just rolls off the tongue when talking about Mustangs. Gotta love 'em!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Welcome....
I'm not sure about the 66...but my 68 Shop manual has detailed frame measurements that will tell you exactly how to determine if your frame is straight..(as you can see from the picture below my frame is FAR from straight...and I have to cut everything off from the shock towers forward...
I would work with those measurements (if available) to determine if your frame is straight first...if you are lucky and it is then you will definitly want to find a nice unwrecked car and make a series of measurements between the fenders...I would start at the front and measure at every panel overlap...both straight on and diagonally.
Good luck and keep us informed on what you find.
Charles

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Welcom Doug !Hope we all can be of help here!It is a great site! FastE

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome to the VMF Doug. -Chris

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Welcome Doug,

I will post the next meeting of the CCCMC. We did not meet to regular this summer. I guess we we all too busy. I am in Allen. We will be looking to meet with you sometime.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome Doug,
I'm new here myself. I'm in Wylie and I'm in the beginning stages of reworking the engine and suspension on my '65 coupe.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
hey doug. well, i, myself, have been on this forum for a few months and just NOW realized there was a texas forum when i saw one of the guys had a link to here. Anyway, I go to school in sherman at Austin College...i actually live here in Austin tho (i know it's ironic). anyway, i have a 71 stang, but, it's nice to know someone lives nearby w/ the same kinda passion :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts