Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Interesting combination for sure. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Welcome!! You'll find more info/help here than anywhere else on the web.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Welcome aboard! I joined up over 11 years ago when my project first came home and it is still a long way from being done. (No idea why it shows a join date of June 2004?? When I joined up in Nov. 1999??)
What's your plans for your coupe?

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Im new too! You guys are pretty awesome...Whats up fellow newbies...like some of the other guys said...Im also willing to lend a hand and help out...and always willing to learn. I like the 68 highland green coupe...whats your plans/dreams for her??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i would like to put in a t-5. Other than that I want a 1" sway bar and some konig rewinds wheels with the dark gray center. The rest is pretty much stock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome John this place is the best they help out alot when you need help or any questions.:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome everyone!

·
Registered
35,881 Posts
Well i would like to put in a t-5. Other than that I want a 1" sway bar and some konig rewinds wheels with the dark gray center. The rest is pretty much stock.
I like the use of 69 seats in your car.

The T5 conversion in your car could easily be done in a weekend, or even one day with help.

The front end looks high in the photo. If it is, read this before making any changes:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They r the seats that came with the car. The 68 seat covers fit those seats np so I thought that the head rest was an option. The t-5 is something I really want. The car is an auto now and a mustang should just be a stick ya know. I am going to retain the original c4 just incase i decide to go back. Good eyes she sit pretty high. It has new coils and leafs but not sure y she is so high. Thinking about cutting the springs down alittle when I finally get the wheels I am after. After reading some of your post before 22gt I respect any and all advicefrom you sir. Thank you.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Just a little heads up on installing that T-5 with a stock rearend, you might not like the performance unless you get a little more gear in the rear. I would go 3:25 minimum. If you have something like a 2:73 highway gear, you might not even be able to use 5th gear.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info Scott. I plan on using the trans out of a 4cyl. It has different gearing than the v8 version. I spoke with modern driveline and he said that the 4 cyl is alittle to high in 1st gear and the 8 will be a little low. Besides It will give me an excuse to re gear}:|

·
Registered
839 Posts
welcome aboard, the more the merrier and more stangs coming back to life !!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts