Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum a couple of days ago. I owned a '66 Mustang for a couple of years in the early 1990's and numerous other cars since that time (street rods, muscle cars, rat rod, etc.), but I've always remembered how much I liked the Mustang, so I sold the rat rod last week and have been "looking". I'm going to see one today (130 miles away) and if it is as "described" and is as good as it looks in the pictures, it will most likely be in my shop building tonight. Wish me luck......

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm trying not to get my hopes uo too high. We all know "descriptions and pictures" just aren't the same as a drive, physical inspection, etc,

Thanks for the welcome comments.....

·
Registered
164 Posts
welcome, looking forward to seeing you here as an official mustang member.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Well, I'm trying not to get my hopes uo too high. We all know "descriptions and pictures" just aren't the same as a drive, physical inspection, etc,

Thanks for the welcome comments.....
Welcome, we all know how hard it is to find something as it is described. I guess people must figure if they tell you how good it is you'll actually think that it is regardless of what you see. Good luck hope it's a good one for you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome, we all know how hard it is to find something as it is described. I guess people must figure if they tell you how good it is you'll actually think that it is regardless of what you see. Good luck hope it's a good one for you.
Gotta admit I feel a bit of anxiety now. ;) We're going to leave in about 20 minutes, stop enroute at the best BBQ place in Texas and get to his place about 4:00 (when he gets off work).

Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just found this forum a couple of days ago. I owned a '66 Mustang for a couple of years in the early 1990's and numerous other cars since that time (street rods, muscle cars, rat rod, etc.), but I've always remembered how much I liked the Mustang, so I sold the rat rod last week and have been "looking". I'm going to see one today (130 miles away) and if it is as "described" and is as good as it looks in the pictures, it will most likely be in my shop building tonight. Wish me luck......
Well, the car was exactly as described except for a minor power steering leak and a "problem" with the driver's seat. Imagine that!! Original upholstery with a slight wear spot on the upright part and a 2" seam on the cushion that has come apart. Paint and body are virtually perfect, engine runs great (and pulls hard if you just "have" to do it), glass, moldings and bumpers look like new....as well as the tires/magnum wheels. The only negative thing I can come up with is the "white-knuckle" return trip home (135 miles) because it's ALL deer country. We pulled into our driveway at exactly 11:00 PM, only to remember that we would need to set the clocks forward ... and lose ANOTHER hour's sleep. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hope it is.. that car looks sweet... but how much is the asking price?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Welcome! very Nice car! (even if it is Red!) Ha! (my wife's a Coca-Cola collector, so I see Red in my sleep!)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So did you decide to buy it---sounds like you did. Looks nice and welcome from Virginia.
Thanks... Heck, we might be related .... I was a helicopter repair instructor at Ft. Eustis (in '56 and '57 before getting orders for Germany (yeah, they had helicopters back then). :lol:

·
Registered
839 Posts
best Mustang site around, welcome

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
best Mustang site around, welcome
Thank you. I've owned numerous cars and motorcycles over the years and can quickly sense the "atmosphere" of a forum and this one is obviously made up of some knowledgeable folks who want to be of help when necessary and also make people feel welcome. As you know, this is not always the case. Short personal note on myself...I am 75 years old, but will never lose interest in cars. My first was a '40 model Ford convertible when I was 15 (1950). I don't consider myself the "best" when it comes to wrenching, but do almost all of my own work (body/paint/mechanical). That's why I enjoy a good forum...never too old to learn and I'm not embarrassed to ask "dumb" questions and/or try to help someone else.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts