Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, my name is Kenny. I purchased a '66 convertible recently that I found on Craigslist. Mechanically sound, but will need a little body work & interior. Hopefully I'll be able to handle most of it myself. I've been a DIY'er since my high school days, which were a "few" years ago, ha ha!

The car has some rust in the floors and over the rear wheel wells, but that is about it. Inside view from the trunk looks good. It has a cheap red paint job on it that looks great in pictures, for some reason...

According to the VIN & trim tag, the car came with a 289 2bbl (302 with Edelbrock/Carter AFB 4bbl in it now), 4-speed (still there) and 2.80 gears in the diffy. It was candy apple red with a black interior. Somewhere along the way the seats & door panels were changed to white.

This is the 2nd Mustang I've owned. Had a '66 coupe 6 cyl/3-speed in high school, but it was more of a rustang. I didn't keep it very long, but I've had a bit of a Mustang bug ever since.

I'm in northern Colorado, any other old car nuts in the area stop by and say hello. Anyway, I plan to make use of the search function once I start in on the car. I think I'll drive it as-is this summer and then dig into it in the fall.

Cheers,

Kenny

Attachments

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Looks nice.

Did it sit for a long time? If you you might want to inspect the gas tank before trying to start it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice car.. and I am sure you will be able to get it looking mint once you put a little time and love into it.. Love the red.. and the fact it's a convertible... omg love it..Oh and welcome to the forums:)

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Great find! And welcome to the VMF!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome, your 66 vert looks fine, I am still very partial to this model since my first Mustang was also a 66 Vert (sprint model) in candy apple red/ red interior / white top, which I bought in 1968 and was in show room condition and low mileage. Be looking forward to more posts showing your progress. Dudley

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Man those wheels really make that car look good. Even with the cheap paint job

·
Registered
669 Posts
Congrats on the car and welcome to VMF! The red body with the dark wheels really looks good :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts