Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Thanks for providing this obviosly great site. I just picked up a 66 coupe, with a 302/C-4 and a bunch of Mickey Mouse engineering, about a month ago and anticipate it nickel and diming me to death... What a great hobbby.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Sounds like you already have a good handle on things!

Welcome.

What are your plans for the car?

Steve

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve,
For now, I'm working on mechanical etc. Rebuilding doors with all new latch rods, locks and window regulators. Also working on trans (may need rebuild, it may just be too low on fluid,but with no dipstick it's hard to tell). First mods will probably be a rear-end swap and front disc conversion for both performance and to get rid of the four-bolt pattern. The engine is pretty strong, but the yahoo that had it before me kept the 6 cylinder throttle cable which is too short, also, it needs new ignition parts. I'm leaning towards the MSD, but not close enough yet to make a decision.
As far as cosmetics, I want to keep it the current red and have varying ideas for the interior (thankfully I'm nowhere close to that stage yet).
The best thing is that it was only $2700 and there's not a dent, ding, or spot of rust on the entire body. Also, although a little worn, the seats, door panels, carpet and headliner are in pretty good shape.
Once again, what a great hobby.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
welcome to what we lovingly refer to the "VMF"
Or the Black Hole of wich you will never return from.
Once youve been sucked in you don't come back. But it's a pretty nice place to be!!!!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
....they call themselves imagineers....bwahahahahaha! Just kiddin', and welcome to the desease!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Welcome to your new addiction!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome Aboard!!!! This is the place when you do or don't need another distraction!!!!! Just ask my SWMBO!!!!!
hehehe
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I'd call that a pretty good deal. By the time you finish, you'll have been able to purchase only two fully restored cars, rather than three or four like most of us.

You're right, it's a GREAT hobby!

Steve

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Welcome to Mustang Heaven. This is the neatest site anywhere....period! The forum is clean and above board, with zillions of cool cars. There are hundreds of absolutely GREAT people here willing to take the time and help you out on project questions. One can even ask stupid questions and post off-topic once in awhile. LOL. I was very fortunate to meet about 2 dozen VMF'rs at the Iowa Corn Feed and they are the greatest people on earth. So keep posting, get pictures up, and let us know how your project progresses.
I have a 65 coupe that is a LONG WAY from running, yet the hobby is extremely enjoyable, and out here in WY, I don't feel alone working on the project becuase of this forum.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome! You have started into an endeaver that will consume your time and drive you crazy. But this is the best nut house for people with "Mustang Fever".

By the way, Good Deal on the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts