Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some pretty bad leaks on my exhaust manifold. I plan to upgrade to headers and a new exhaust to fix the leak, gain some power, and improve the sound of my fastback. I still have my original cast iron heads. In a year or two I plan to upgrade to aluminum heads. Is there any issue putting new headers on now and upgrading to aluminum heads later? I’ve heard there can be issues accessing spark plugs sometimes... although I think the AFR 165 heads I plan to use won’t have this problem. Will the headers warp and leak if I try to swap to aluminum heads later?

·
Registered
35,950 Posts
Won't leak. Won't interfere with your power steering ram. Won't generate excessive heat in the engine compartment. Won't rust out. Easily port-matched. When installing, apply some Calyx manifold dressing to keep them looking new.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bart,

Is that the factory manifold or an
Won't leak. Won't interfere with your power steering ram. Won't generate excessive heat in the engine compartment. Won't rust out. Easily port-matched. When installing, apply some Calyx manifold dressing to keep them looking new.

Bart,

Is that the factory manifold or an aftermarket one? Do manifolds end up giving off less head than ceramic coated headers?

Thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4sp Nightmist Blue
450 Posts
Those are nice looking. Will those work with AFR heads though?

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts