Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

Registered
my gauge never gets below 1/4 ..just because
OP .. pour a shot down the carb and let er rip. Fuel- Air- Spark.
start with the basics.

Registered
Something caught my eye. I noticed the coil wire running high and left. Does this have some type of ignition box?
Don't drive it without an Export brace. Summit has a great reproduction for about 69.00. It's the Scott Drake unit. It's all but identical to the Ford/Shelby unit. If you don't have a provision at the lower rear center, base of carb or the right side of the intake I would just purchase a twist in breather for the time being. Congratulations on your new purchase.
The body on my 1964.5 Mustang was still so perfect, 30+ years ago, the Export brace was a bolt-in.
Sometimes the shock towers fatigue and lean inwards and have to be jacked apart to get the brace on.
Guess I got lucky for a change! 馃槉

Registered
The body on my 1964.5 Mustang was still so perfect, 30+ years ago, the Export brace was a bolt-in.
Sometimes the shock towers fatigue and lean inwards and have to be jacked apart to get the brace on.
Guess I got lucky for a change! 馃槉
I have never had to use the jack to set mine on either. I have seen some messes out there. I don't know how many times over the years I've seen people claim they're made wrong not understanding what rust, time and hard use does to the cars.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts