Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power steering pump in my 69' becomes noisy when hot. Had it rebuild once already. I see Lares is making an all new pump of an updated slipper design. Has anyone used it yet? Wondering if this is the way to go. I put about 5,000 miles a year on my car, looking for the most trouble free way to go.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Yup
i installed one a few months ago after dealing with a few shotty rebuilds. even the so called gurus didnt do it right.
all they do is paint it and send it back to you with the same issue.
got tired of it.

Its almost a perfect replica. detail is a bit or slightly different on the case. I dont compete with the car so it doesn't bother me but to be me honest a judge would have to get up in there with mag light to see the difference

the original dip stick fits so that will be correct at least

comes painted silver., I left t that way. You can opt to paint it the teal blue if you want.

Next im going to get one of their starters as mine is still original and i dont trust it any more

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Blues for the information. RockAuto sells the pump for about $130 dollars. I will paint it the correct teal blue as I sometime show my car at MCA events, and it will look correct. As far as starters, I went with one of the new mini high torque ones. Ford Racing made a new one for my application, manual transmission with 164 tooth flywheel. One of the best upgrades to make. On the hottest day, and running 12 degrees of timing it spins the engine with ease. No more slow cranking wondering if it will fire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts