Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car back from the paint shop today. Needs some cleanup especially under the hood. But here is a look at it.
The stripe color is Medium Ivy Gold to match the same color in the interior.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Not a fan of those front spoilers but that thing is very sharp! I like the colors. Do you have any pictures of the interior?

·
Registered
669 Posts
that stripe color is incredible! It's a great changed compared to the black stripes that are all over the place.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is an interior shot. The dark color on the doors and dash pad is the same as the stripes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Big fan of the front spoiler, gives it a real T/A look!!
Great paint job, you should be sooo stoked!! :thumbsup:

·
VMF Ambassador
6,668 Posts
Nice job on the stripes, they look great! Really complement the car well.

Looks like you stuck your fog lights behind the grill too and removed the bars / corral? I actually really dig that, never seen it done like that before. Very cool.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice job on the stripes, they look great! Really complement the car well.

Looks like you stuck your fog lights behind the grill too and removed the bars / corral? I actually really dig that, never seen it done like that before. Very cool.
Thanks Kelly. Actually, we did more than add the stripes. Did a complete repaint of the orginal Honey Gold and added the stripes. Can't take credit for the fog light idea. I got it from another forum member 66GT.
You can look at his car here.

Phil's 1965 Mustang GT A-Code Fastback Raven Black with Red Pony Interior & 4-speed

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do like the contrast of the two colors!
Thanks. Like samgupta said, it is a welcome change from traditional black. The black would not have looked right on Honey Gold because of the green tint it has, so I came up with using the dark Ivy Gold from the interior trim color.

·
VMF Ambassador
6,668 Posts
Holy COW that car is nice! If I see him around I'll have to give him my compliments. Looks great behind the honeycomb grill.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
That does look good. I like the color combination. Its nice to see something unlike the rest.

I have to say though, that I liked it better before the stripes. I also like the GT fog lights better.

·
VMF Full-Timer
3,823 Posts
Looks Great....now change that sig. pict. ;)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I like it... the stripe contrast is nice compared to all the black ones you see....

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
that looks beautiful!! awesome choice:)
Is that a '64 cad in your sig pic...had one of those I sold a year back, was a beautiful big boat of a car...
Tom

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
That thing is sweet... well thought out, and classy... yet very muscle still... the trifecta of vintage cars.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I think the stripe looks great. On another note, I'm glad you posted your interior pic, because it confirms to me that you can pair a wood wheel with black instrument cluster and glove box door and still have it look great. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, I changed my sig pic , but only until I get a better one.
Thanks everyone for all your comments.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts