Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a new member here and just wanted to get some information. i have a 2005 dodge ram 1500. Trade in value on it is 8000 in good condition. It has a new Alarm system in it. The mileage on my truck just rolled over 100000. But anyway there is a 1986 mustang gt with 302 v8 5 speed at a dealer ship.;) The mustang only has 102000 miles on it. They are asking 5995 for the car. Im wondering if the car is over prices or whether or not this is a good deal. I am Wanting to do a straight trade. Any advise Please.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
You will be on the losing end of that deal if you do a straight trade....but given what I think about most car dealers...don't be surprised if they try to make you pony up cash to boot ;)

If your 05 is your daily driver it would be an over all poor decision to trade it on a 25yr old car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only driving i really ever do is on the interstate for about an hour on friday and sunday. I live at college so i dont drive that much. What if i got money back would it be a little better. Or if i paid cash would that be better.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Prices on fox bodies really are all over the place. However 100k car I would not spend anywhere near that amount on unless it had things like new paint and or recently rebuild drivetrain.

·
Registered
388 Posts
keep looking, thats way too much money for that car.
btw, there is no way to tell if that is 102k or 202k since the odometer only goes to 99,999.
To give you an idea of what a fox is worth I bought my '90 in PERFECT condition for $2800. Cold AC, power windows, decent tires on pony wheels, super clean interior. The only bugger on it was that the driver seat had the notorious gangster lean.

I've since dropped about $10k in it and its at best worth $7k w/ today's market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts