Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Looks like a great car, welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
My Mach 1 also had a 3.0 open diff. (Saw you mention that in another thread.) If that was my car, my first mod would be to install a bigger rear gear with a Trutrac. The "one wheel peel/one tire fryer" is no fun! If you're going to install an overdrive, I would suggest a 3.70 or bigger gear. But a lot of people are very happy with a 3.55 and an overdrive.

Up front, you can install a 1" sway bar, roller perches, Bilstein shocks and do the Shelby/Arning drop.

Those mods will get you going.

And have fun!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You will find so much information here and there are so many knowledgable people. Klutch has an excellent page on his Mustang build... Nice car, mine was the same but was Metallic Gold.
LJ

·
Registered
845 Posts
I agree totally and have performed everything listed but the drop. I went with street and track coils,leafs and bilstiens as well as sub frame connectors. HUGE difference.

My Mach 1 also had a 3.0 open diff. (Saw you mention that in another thread.) If that was my car, my first mod would be to install a bigger rear gear with a Trutrac. The "one wheel peel/one tire fryer" is no fun! If you're going to install an overdrive, I would suggest a 3.70 or bigger gear. But a lot of people are very happy with a 3.55 and an overdrive.

Up front, you can install a 1" sway bar, roller perches, Bilstein shocks and do the Shelby/Arning drop.

Those mods will get you going.

And have fun!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts