Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm looking into buying a 69fb soon, and I have a couple questions. First off, this one I'm looking at with a 302, auto, great condition is asking for 9G's, is that a decent price? Also, when I do get it I'm going to want to upgrade suspension. What are the best shocks/struts/springs? I'm looking for a solid ride, something that will take fast turns and grip. I'll definately be getting wheels too, probably 17's. Anyway, if you have any other recommendations, I'll be glad to hear them! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
655 Posts
It's going to vary by region, but in the SF Bay Area, 9 grand should be a pretty clean driver. Get us more details like vin and options, so others can give a more accurate estimate. For suspension, Total Control Products(http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/) seems to be the hot one right now. Some might argue, since they recently raised their prices. Good luck in those fast turns!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome to the group.....nice choice for a Vintage Mustang. I think your the first person that hasn't asked "how do I make it go faster? " Tighter suspension eh .......sounds very doable.

Also....if you are going to do some heavy cornering you "may" want to look into subframe connectors. They will stiffen the chassis.

Good luck, Greg.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Welcome to VMF, Price is different in every state, but for 9 grand it should be nice ride. Not talking about the performance, you'll need to work on it. For the suspension and all other staff, it depends how much money you want to spend. Total control and Global West are few top ones.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Check into Mustangs Plus. They offer dozens of different suspension packages if you want to keep your car stock appearing. They also carry Total Control products if you are wanting to go rack-and-pinion steering and coilover suspension.

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Please fill out your profile so that we know where you are located and who you are.

Good choice of cars in the '69. I would like to pick one of those up myself.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll look into the options you showed me and keep you updated on what I do get. The one I'm looking at right now is VIN: 9F02F167102, as far as options, I'm not entirely sure... It's got hood scoop, auto trans, and a 302, here's an exterior picture of it:
http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_345421dc0274929d05ef67016b7bfe35/i-1.JPG
Again, thanks for your feedback, I'll keep you guys updated!

While I'm here, I have another question... Should I expect problems if I do buy this car and drive it from LA to the bay area? I mean will it make the trip with 107K miles on it? Just wondering what I should expect from this beast...
Thanks again!
-Dan

·
Registered
655 Posts
Nice looking ride!! According to the VIN, you're looking at the following:
9F02F167102
9 = 1969
F = Assembled in Dearborn, Michigan plant
02 = Sportsroof(Fastback) body style
F = 302-2v engine
167102 = Consecutive unit number

As far as options are concerned, check for power disk brakes, deluxe interior, fold down rear seat, power steering, or maybe even a posie rear end. If the car is kept up mechanically, you shouldn't be too concerned about driving the miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts