Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Read Only
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I signed in here as a new member. I am doing that as a favor in helping a friend. I am really a Mustang entertainment fan as I like classic Mustangs. My friend is the same and he owns a 2006 Mustang GT with bit over 30 thousand KMS.

I had owned 4 Fox Mustangs in the past (1979, 1980, 1981 and 1986) ... someday I might want a early ‘70s Mustang project one day.

I guess I should explain why I am here, I am hoping to ask you for some advice and information that I can help my friend to find the right 1966 Mustang project. We had talked about finding a 289 V8 engine to start with and he wants to do a date-code process project. The one question I want in asking you. What is the appropriate time between the engine going to the body by date code in factory back in 1966? I have read in other online forums that is generally between 2-4 weeks space ... is that correct? So, what is the absolute maximum time allowed for a engine going into the body?

No pictures sorry ... as I don’t have a classic car here. But I will be here as long I can to give all updates to my friend. Then when he get a 1966 Mustang in hands, photos will follow in here. Thanks!

Stay safe in home! Be healthy from Coronavirus situation.

·
Read Only
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm... sure felt chilly here without being welcomed? Three days after I signed in here, in the hopes of learning a few things to help out my friend as well for myself. I’m surprised at this forums here, I was in few other forums (non-auto related) and I was welcomed to be part of community there.

Maybe i will remove myself here and try another place. Sorry to bother being here. i will not recommend this site to my friend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts