Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have been dropping in every once and a while over the last many years to look for ideas and information on my project. I picked up this 1970 convertible about 15 years ago with an overly optimistic goal of completing it by my 50th birthday . ( I was 47 at the time). Well 50 came and went as well as 60 came and went. There were many delays due to the fact that when I tore it all down 15 years ago the rust was much worse then I ever thought. So there it sat and was moved from house to house in boxes and on the trailer. And all of the kids were forever going to university and getting married which kept the bank account empty!
So now I have restarted the project last spring and have made progress. I have completed one side of the underbody rebuild. Drivers side front frame rail plus extension, torque box, inner rocker, and floor pan have now been installed. I have never done anything of this magnitude on a car but I am a tradesman with a lot of common sense and patience. I am very happy with the way it has come together so far.
The car has original 351W and 4 speed and is a convertible. Looking to build a "drive it every sunny day" kind of car with a few upgrades such as suspension
/ disc brakes and a little more horse power.
M8F2Vu3ISHqiUW7lVaQbLw.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
good luck Rusty, looking forward to calling you out for updates....haha
Great pic, just think how much they will love being out with you when its road worthy

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,475 Posts
Welcome to VMF. I have a 69 Coupe that I acquired in 2001, F/F to 2019 & it is almost all together & getting closer to a running driving car once again.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,670 Posts
Welcome aboard, I know too well that life can get hectic. I into year 7 without having had a drive since I bought it but I can finally see the end. Looking forward to following along and please keep the updates coming.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it seems to be a very common situation for a lot of restorations, life gets in the way and it takes forever to get it done! It will all be worth it when we are out for the first cruise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it seems to be a very common situation for a lot of restorations, life gets in the way and it takes forever to get it done! It will all be worth it when we are out for the first cruise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts