Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my name is Bo and I hail from Rockport /Fulton area. I am the new owner of a 69 Mach 1 and look forward to participating in local events. Any shop recommendations/ info on upcoming events would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome Bo,

Come on over to Portland the 2nd Saturday evening of each month for the Hot Rod Hang Out. Hardly anyone brings a classic Mustang so I'm always outnumbered by Camaros! It's very casual. There's a group that meets every Saturday evening at the Whataburger on Staples/Gollihar. I've been thinking about driving over there sometime. You probably already know about Snapka's Drive In on Leopard.

I've had Shook work on a carb issue and transmission leak. He's next to the Corpus P.D. Problem is the few people who know how to work on our cars are so backed up. The Ford service manager in Aransas Pass told me he had a mechanic who can work on classic cars.

Where did you get your car?
Gary

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome! I'm a lifelong resident of the area but I know zilch about the local scene. I work away alot and never habe owned a vehicle that I wanted to show. I bought the mustang from an individual in Minnesota (quite a road trip adventure). My plans for the mustang are to keep it as close to original as I can while still maintaining functionality. It needs a heater core which I understand is quite a job on an a/c equipped Mach1. Wish it was as easy as my other project which is a 61 apache. That one is a frame off I've been working on for the past 8 years. I got tired of waiting to drive a classic so I bought my dream car....a 69 Mach1!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice car Bo. If you guys have any questions shoot me a pm I'm not alawys on the boards but will try to help if I can.
I started dealership work back in 1990 and to date still repair vehichles to date. I have kids in school but can help a little.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments! I've been trying to make that Portland hangout but never seem to be home on the right Saturday. You guys know of any upcoming local shows /events? Never know,lightning may strike and I'll be off for one of them! Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts