Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am in the process of inheriting my grandmothers '66 Coupe. She bought it in '67 and moved to Texas in it in '75 and parked it around '80. I want to get it running and presentable for her 75th birthday this year so the process begins! About 15 years ago my father and I replaced the drums, shocks, and drove it around about 30-40 miles then parked it. Now I am older and have my own house/garage to take over what we didn't finish. The engine was rebuilt once upon a time and a hole-in-the-wall shop did a horrible paint job without evening priming or prepping the surface. Will be posting updates as the project gets underway! Excited to share my story as well as follow along with everyone else's!

Thank you!

- AK

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello fellow Texan! Look forward to seeing your progress. I hope you guys survived the resent storm.🥶

·
Registered
1965 Mustang Fastback 289-2V, 3-Speed M/T
93 Posts
Welcome! That will be a great gift for your Grandmother to see the car in it's glory day condition again! Look forward to seeing the progress you make.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It looks like a C code (289 2bl) coupe with a T code (Candle apple red paint) and black interior?
My exact car back in the day. There are a good group of guys in/around the Houston area if you need any help.
I live in Missouri City, just SW of you. Keep the pics coming.
Ron

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,429 Posts
Welcome to VMF.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts

·
Dimples
5,572 Posts
Howdy and welcome! Truly a worthy cause, interested in watching the process.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
That’s awesome! Can’t wait to follow along.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks like a C code (289 2bl) coupe with a T code (Candle apple red paint) and black interior?
My exact car back in the day. There are a good group of guys in/around the Houston area if you need any help.
I live in Missouri City, just SW of you. Keep the pics coming.
Ron
Correct! It's a c-code with the 289 and candy apple red/black combo. I'm in Cypress and plenty of progress pics on the way!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts