Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker in this forum. Lots of great information here.

I’m in the home stretch of restoring my ‘67 fastback, which I have been plotting since receiving it as my 16th birthday present in 1983. She’s actually been a family member since 1975. I drove her through high school, parked it while attending college and through the first couple of jobs until 2001. In 2015, I sent it off for a 6 week paint job which resulted in it being torn down to the bare body and basically left to sit for three years. Of course that led to a new paint shop, and now she’s back together and painted finally with the drivetrain back in place. Now it’s down to the interior work and a few odds and ends and she will be back on the road. She’s going back together mostly stock, with a few minor exceptions - primarily the exterior color. No amount of cajoling could convince me to spend all this money and show up with a playboy pink paint job.

The picture of the Mustang is from just before bringing her home from the paint shop.

The long restoration road has been made more bearable by taking possession of the other “family jewel” - a 1969 S code Mercury Cougar.

Looking forward to finding answers here, and maybe sharing some hard earned knowledge from my restoration.

Attachments

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,398 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice Cougar too.

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,421 Posts
Welcome, always good to see the Carolinas represented.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Great looking pair of classics you have there. I'm sure the family connections make them even more special. Welcome to the VMF.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two great looking rides!
Welcome from one N. Carolinian to another.
-D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts