Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm fixing to start the restoration on my '68 fastback and will be needing plenty of advice. I am the second owner of the car, 86K original mile diamond blue C-code, never been modded or hotrodded. Some of you may remember me, I was registered on VMF (under a different screen-name)and posted about it when I bought it in '05. It's a sweet driver as it is, runs, drives, and stops good, but frikken mice:mad: got in the headliner so it's time to tear it down. 4 other vehicles sitting outside and for some sick reason they only get in the one that stays inside the shop. Anyhow, I plan on going back with the original color (pretty rare) and staying with a 289 (maybe a few mods)
Enough for now, I'll be back:cheers:
PS here's a pic of the car the day I drove it home

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
Good to have you back. And great car to start with. Keep us posted on your progress.
Stan

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great looking car and a good story (from your earlier posting). It appears to be in nice original "survivor" conditon. If that is original paint and if it is decent, you may want to consider a preservation over a restoration. Like they say, "they're only original once". Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I'd consider it a survivor but the paint is starting to crack on the drivers-side and the right front fender has a spot where at some point in time I think a battery exploded. At least that's what it looks like to me on the inside of the hood.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Drive it and enjoy it for five years, then restore it. Nice plan. :)

I'd love to do the same with my car but I can't get it to drive anywhere. :0/ It's begging me to tear it apart and redo it, but I want to enjoy it first.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Beautiful car man! Where are you from in Oklahoma? I live in OKC when I'm not in school at OSU. I've got a 68 coupe myself. If you need help with anything let me know. PM if you want my number.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful car man! Where are you from in Oklahoma? I live in OKC when I'm not in school at OSU. I've got a 68 coupe myself. If you need help with anything let me know. PM if you want my number.
Thanks, I'm in far west Oklahoma 'bout 3 miles from the Texas line right on old Route66:wave:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey there, just saying hi to a fellow okie! I live in Edmond, far north Oklahoma city. Good luck with the car, 67/68 coupes are some of my favorite mustangs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts