Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a 63-67 Corvette and NCRS guy for many years and have just become very interested in Mustangs. I bought one a month ago and have an interesting situation. When I turn left turn signal on the front works but not the back. When I turn right turn signal on, the front works and both back ones blink. The fog lights work, the flashers work. Appreciate any advice and look forward to gaining some friends in
the Mustang world. We have the Carlisle Winter event here in Lakeland Florida in two weeks. The Mustang Club made a big splash here last year - hope to see more this year. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Welcome @Florida Realtor to VMF and the family of vintage Mustang ownership. As David @69GT350H said, check the grounds on your tail lights sockets and buckets and be sure the chassis grounds are good, also that the bulb on one side doesn't have a broken filament that has fallen against the other. Please post pics and details of your ride !!

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,279 Posts
Welcome to VMF Florida Realtor.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,528 Posts
Double check the bulbs are correct as well.

Welcome to VMF. You'll be having more mustang riff raff moving to your neck of woods in the near future. My wife (a realtor as well) and I are planning on moving to the Tampa area this summer or next.

·
Registered
65 Fastback 289 4 spd, 65 convertible 5.0L 5 spd. 3.73 8.8
224 Posts
I've been a 63-67 Corvette and NCRS guy for many years and have just become very interested in Mustangs. I bought one a month ago and have an interesting situation. When I turn left turn signal on the front works but not the back. When I turn right turn signal on, the front works and both back ones blink. The fog lights work, the flashers work. Appreciate any advice and look forward to gaining some friends in
the Mustang world. We have the Carlisle Winter event here in Lakeland Florida in two weeks. The Mustang Club made a big splash here last year - hope to see more this year. Thanks!
Welcome, Lets see pics!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
If you're using LED bulbs instead of normal bulbs some of them don't work right in our cars and will blink the other side like you're seeing. Do the parking lights and brake lights work correctly?

If you can't wait for Lakeland next week there's another swap meet going on in Zephyrhills this weekend. They don't have the big Polk County Mustang gathering but there will still be lots of old cars to check out and parts for sale.

Where are you at, BTW?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, parking lights work fine, brake lights fine and front turn signals work properly. But the back turn signal doesn't come on at all when using left blinker and when using right blinker, BOTH back lights blink.
I'm in Mulberry FL just south of Lakeland. I'm about 15 minutes from where the Carlisle/NCRS/Mustang/Mopar event will be Feb 20-23

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I'd try swapping out the light bulbs just in case one's broken in a weird way and causing that. Do they work any differently if you turn on the turn signals while the headlights are on?

If it's not in the back the problem is probably in the steering column but I'm not sure how the wires there would get crossed to make that happen.

I thought I had a short trip to the Lakeland airport. If you're in Mulberry you're practically there already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts