Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!
My name is Hein Brand and I own this 1966 Fastback V8 with manual gearbox for some time now. It is my first american car. I bought the car via Ebay in Arizona and it was a good project but without engine and gearbox. Today it is painted in the original colour springtime yellow. The suspension is back in the car. The painter lost the headliner bows which are not available from the main suppliers and the two mouldings at the roof above the door on the right side.
My plan is build a good driver with Edelbrock heads and a Tremec gearbox.
I am looking for the old owners of this car but I have no idea how to find them. In the windscreen was a sticker of the Copperstate Mustang club in Phoenix AZ , but there is nobody remembering this car.

Greetings
Hein
20161126_070210.jpg
20170511_115231.jpg
IMG-20190226-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190226-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20190226-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20190226-WA0012.jpg

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
The painter lost the headliner bows which are not available from the main suppliers and the two mouldings at the roof above the door on the right side.
Hi there!

Where in Germany are you located? I was in Schwetzingen, outside of Heidelberg for three years with the US Army.

Someone posted this today. Don't know if it's a fair price for headliner bows, but if you need them....

·
Registered
854 Posts
Herzlich Willkommen bei VMF.

What kind of engine are you planning to run? 302?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Welcome, that will be a gorgeous car. Will he need the headliner bows if he did a one piece headliner?

·
Registered
65 Fastback 289 4 spd, 65 convertible 5.0L 5 spd. 3.73 8.8
212 Posts
Hello!
My name is Hein Brand and I own this 1966 Fastback V8 with manual gearbox for some time now. It is my first american car. I bought the car via Ebay in Arizona and it was a good project but without engine and gearbox. Today it is painted in the original colour springtime yellow. The suspension is back in the car. The painter lost the headliner bows which are not available from the main suppliers and the two mouldings at the roof above the door on the right side.
I am looking for the old owners of this car but I have no idea how to find them. In the windscreen was a sticker of the Copperstate Mustang club in Phoenix AZ , but there is nobody remembering this car.

Greetings
Hein View attachment 744287 View attachment 744288 View attachment 744289 View attachment 744290 View attachment 744291 View attachment 744292
Nice Fastback

·
Registered
65 Fastback
36 Posts
Hello!

Greetings
Hein
Hi Hein, I have been looking for previous car owners as well. In the old days you could request a "title history" from the DMV (TUV) in the state the car came from, they have records on the previous registrations and also details on owners and sometimes even the options the car came with. Due to new privacy laws the DMV is no longer allowed to give this information. You can still request a NMVTIS report for a few dollars at: National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) | BJA
If you are lucky the report has some history details for you.
When you bought the car, you should at least have the US title with the last owner + address on it. Several websites can give you a phone number if you enter the name and address, or you could even write them a letter. I was able to track previous owners by contacting the last owner.
Other options which I reckon you already tried are a google search of your VIN and checking with the several Mustang Registry websites like www.early-mustang.com or Registry
Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts