Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
Just joined the forum and I have a 1966 convertible project that I have owned for thirty years. This car has been in storage since I bought it. It had new frame rails, floor pans,and torque boxes installed before I bought it. Recently I’ve thinking about selling the project, my question is I’m not sure what it’s worth? Would be happy to give more details.

Thank you,

·
Registered
841 Posts
Welcome from DC! Post as many pictures as you can, so the good folks here can help assess value.

Reactions: KC648

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome - I got married at Cecil County Drag way :) in 2002

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Welcome from Annapolis. Several of us in Anne Arundel County.
Pictures - or it ain't real! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your replies, those are a few pictures that I got got all the parts for the car although it’s disassembled and the motors out of it it’s a 289 or 302 2barrel C4 transmission. Thank you!

·
Registered
136 Posts
You might need that chainsaw :D

Good luck with the restoration.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Unless you paid to store it at least you shouldn't take a noticeable loss.
Id want to see those welds closer and the white calking, whatever it is, is not inspiring. Same with seeing the floors patched but nothing about the cowls or in the conv't boot cavities.
A plus is the nice color combo & Pony interior but that also means it costs more to make it like it was before.
Im thinking $7-8K would be on the generous side and fall quickly depending on the other problem areas.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I think 1ofAMillion+ is in the ballpark, perhaps a bit high. Look to be some rust issues (there always are) underneath and in the quarter we can see. I’m guessing that unless someone can do the work themself, the cost to restore would be more than the value of the car. Good luck!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Assuming that you do have all the parts (quite a bit that are not pictured), I'm all in at $5K. The seam sealer on the floor pans is sketchy as are the home made floor pan plugs. There is bondo on the passenger side fender, door and quarter panel. I can't imagine the driver's side and trunk sides & wheel wells are in good shape.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the replies. I respect and value everyone’s response, I’m not gonna lie a little disappointed thought this project would be worth more. Not sure what to do, I’m thinking either bolt it all back together and sell for what I can or start chipping away at the restoration.?

Thank you,

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,218 Posts
KC648, welcome to VMF.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts