Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New member in lower-central Missouri. Retired Army chasing a lifetime dream for both myself and the wife. In February we purchased a '66 Mustang Coupe, 289 w/Edelbrock performance RPM intake manifold, carter AFB, T10 4-speed with Hurst shifter. I spent a whole month+ working on her. Replaced the entire wiring harness, put in a firewall behind the rear seat, new carpet, new alternator, radiator, shocks, Heater box, Classic Instruments gauge package, yadda yadda adnausium. She's running great. Still more work to do (oil pan gasket, etc), but making progress. I hope to learn a whole lot more through this forum that'll help me keep this beauty maintained and even improve her. Thanks for putting up with my pontificating.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well that’s a beautiful car! Way to enter the room with a bang. The only question is where are you gonna work out now? Welcome to the club. Enjoy.

Reactions: jbyrom

·
Registered
65 Fastback 289 4 spd, 65 convertible 5.0L 5 spd. 3.73 8.8
212 Posts
Hello all. New member in lower-central Missouri. Retired Army chasing a lifetime dream for both myself and the wife. In February we purchased a '66 Mustang Coupe, 289 w/Edelbrock performance RPM intake manifold, carter AFB, T10 4-speed with Hurst shifter. I spent a whole month+ working on her. Replaced the entire wiring harness, put in a firewall behind the rear seat, new carpet, new alternator, radiator, shocks, Heater box, Classic Instruments gauge package, yadda yadda adnausium. She's running great. Still more work to do (oil pan gasket, etc), but making progress. I hope to learn a whole lot more through this forum that'll help me keep this beauty maintained and even improve her. Thanks for putting up with my pontificating.
nice car, glad your dream has come true.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,211 Posts
Welcome to VMF. Very nice looking 66 Coupe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts