Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my name is Jake and I am restoring a 1970 Coupe mustang. I'm pretty good at learning things on my own but I want to do things the right way the first time, and that means asking for some help. It seems this is the biggest most active forum so here I am. Hopefully, I can help others what little I can too.

Thank you all!

Jake

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the VMF this is the place to be
Welcome! What about a picture? We really like pictures !
Great! And yes I have pictures of it from when I bought it and now all taken apart.

In its 49 years it’s gone through a lot. I think someone had it as a ranch car. The front a rear valences were banged up really bad, the front a rear bumper were bent inwards. Not a crash but just rough use. Almost like a dirt track car except no roll cage. It has a ford 9 inch rear end which is obviously not stock right?

Fun fact is two months ago I wasn’t a car person nor did I know about classic mustangs. Then I saw one and now 2 months later I own one and started my build!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi all. My name is Rod. I need info on 69 Mustang sheet metal. I want the best I can get. In 1973 I bought a 69 Boss302. Sure had a lot of fun. My wife and I had this car when we married in 1975. In the spring of 1979 a HUGE tornado destroyed 20% of our town along with my 69 Boss. We were not so upset about our bad luck. We were thankful to be alive. We were caught by this tornado while trying to outrun it in our 77 Ford van. Several people were killed within 25 yards of where we came to rest. It was the most horrific event I ever experienced. About 4 months later I bought a 70 Boss302 with a blown motor. I pulled the heavily modified motor from my 69 and dropped it in the 70 Boss. I never finished getting the 70 on the road. It still sits in my garage on jack stands while my 69 rests in my back yard. Well all these years later, after kids, grandkids, and life in general and all the expenses involved I was ready to treat myself. I bought a 2013 Mustang GT/ California Special. This just relit my fire. I am going to put my 69 back on the road as it was my favorite of all the many Mustangs I have owned. I need both rear quarters, a roof, a hood, and other asst. parts. I have three 69 bodies but do not want to cut them up for parts. My question is 'who has the best metal'. Dynacorn sounds like a good bet but I don't know for sure. Any advice will be appreciated. ---Rod

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Hi all. My name is Rod. I need info on 69 Mustang sheet metal. I want the best I can get. In 1973 I bought a 69 Boss302. Sure had a lot of fun. My wife and I had this car when we married in 1975. In the spring of 1979 a HUGE tornado destroyed 20% of our town along with my 69 Boss. We were not so upset about our bad luck. We were thankful to be alive. We were caught by this tornado while trying to outrun it in our 77 Ford van. Several people were killed within 25 yards of where we came to rest. It was the most horrific event I ever experienced. About 4 months later I bought a 70 Boss302 with a blown motor. I pulled the heavily modified motor from my 69 and dropped it in the 70 Boss. I never finished getting the 70 on the road. It still sits in my garage on jack stands while my 69 rests in my back yard. Well all these years later, after kids, grandkids, and life in general and all the expenses involved I was ready to treat myself. I bought a 2013 Mustang GT/ California Special. This just relit my fire. I am going to put my 69 back on the road as it was my favorite of all the many Mustangs I have owned. I need both rear quarters, a roof, a hood, and other asst. parts. I have three 69 bodies but do not want to cut them up for parts. My question is 'who has the best metal'. Dynacorn sounds like a good bet but I don't know for sure. Any advice will be appreciated. ---Rod
you might get a better response by posting your own thread

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,808 Posts
Jake, welcome to VMF. Depending on which engine your Mustang came with it could have a 9" rear stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts