Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the forum for a while now, but I figure its time to become a member since I will surely be asking questions soon.
My projects:
I purchased a Black 1973 rusty convertible about a year ago mainly because it was cheap and had a very healthy 1970 or 71 351C-4V motor. It runs very strong for a heavy car and even took it to the 1/8 mile strip a couple of times. Since the doors started to look like they will fall off due to rust, I decided to buy as near rust free car as I could afford. So I purchased a Green 1972 Convertible that only needed a floorpan and a small amount of cowl work. I will then drop in the drivetrain from the 1973
So far I welded in new floor pans and the cowl holes were sealed, now it is ready for body work.
I took it to a couple shops for estimates for body and paint. The quotes were Approx $3200.
So I returned home to do the body work myself, you can tell this is a low buck build up. Once I figure out a canopy to enclose it I will probably attempt a paint job as well.
I will try to take pictures of the slow progress, I thought I would be done by now.

·
VMF Full-Timer
3,823 Posts
Welcome jorge, You came to the right place.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome to VMF.
We all thought we would be done by now. ;)
Just keep plugging along.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Welcome and you will find lots of help here on VMF.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts