Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Hi Everybody!

I just registered after finding a thread here about "66 Emberglow Mustangs" on a search, so I figured ....well, I do have a '66 Emberglow coupe so this works out OK. Some quick info, 'till I can do up a proper signature:
1966 Emberglow GT Coupe, Auto, Factory K Car, purchased new by my father in '66 and given to me when I got my license at age 15 1/2 (had NOOOO idea how cool that was at the time)

Car is currently undergoing a long overdue, much-needed ground-up restoration. Hopefully you all don't mind a modded car. I would leave it stock if not for the fact my dad raced it professionally in the late '60's- early '70's, so it's far past the point of ever being concours. The original HiPo was blown up going down the back straight of Riverside Int'l Raceway at about 125mph back around 1970

I recently decided the Mustang was taking too long to finish, so I sold my '95 Camaro street/strip car (383, nitrous, moved pretty well) just so I could re-dedicate myself fully to the Mustang. I always have too many projects and not enough time, so by selling the Camaro (and taking a bath on that, financially speaking) I hope to have the time to get the Mustang back together quicker.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this board, and I'm sure I'll have some questions the experts on here can hopefully help me with. I'll try to get a couple of pics up soon, both of the original condition of the car and as she currently sits in my garage.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Welcome,
That's cool...getting dads' car at 15! Nice to hear it's got sentimental value to you, and you're restoring it.
There's a lot of Mustang enthusiasts here, with years of knowledge to tap into....and the rest of us who add our opinions!
MB

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Welcome. I would give some serious thought to how far I modded the car. Just by being a K code, with GT to boot worth a lot more than your average mustang.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts